Perform a thorough inspection of your home’s exterior.
- Seal up any cracks around the foundation including utility entry points.
- Replace old weather-stripping around entry points. Proper weather-stripping will improve your home’s ability to keep pests out.
- Do not leave uncovered food sitting out for any extended period of time. Do not allow pet food to sit overnight.
- Eliminate debris such as woodpiles, stones, bricks or any other sort of debris. These piles of debris provide excellent harborage for many pests.
- Inspect your attic, crawl space and basement for excess moisture. Proper ventilation will keep those areas dry and reduce the possibility of pest harborage.
- Regularly dispose of trash and keep all garbage in properly stored containers if possible.
- Consider storing clothing in plastic boxes or pouches to prevent fabric pests from getting to them.
- Do not store fire wood closer than 25 feet from the house and elevated 6 inches off of the ground.
- Ensure that tree branches and shrubs are trimmed and away from your home.
- Call us if additional treatments are necessary.
Schedule Service Today
Make Orange Coast Pest Control your premier provider of pest control services in Southern California.